Business Systems Analyst II
The Business Systems Analyst II acts as a translator between client business needs and the IT development team. The Business Systems Analyst uses various methods to understand the client’s business requirements for the project. The methods could include documentation review, one-on-one interviews, client meetings and/or JAD sessions. After eliciting requirements, the Business Systems Analyst works with the IT development team to complete requirement documents for validation by the client. Following validation, the Business Systems Analyst will develop detailed specifications for the development team. Business Systems Analysts are also responsible for ensuring requirements are covered through solution design, development and testing.
This BSA Position will support Vendor Web projects. The Business Systems Analyst is a primary project “evangelist”, promoting the business value of the project to clients from the requirements phase through deployment.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Establish the interviewing approach and coordinates the interviewing process
- Interview the business community to identify user requirements
- Review existing documents that may contain requirements or background information
- Elicit and document requirements, and assist in clarifying discrepancies in requirements
- Prepare business process and application flow diagrams supporting business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with technical resources to ensure requirements are complete and accurate
- Create acceptance test criteria
- Obtain appropriate requirement approvals
- Review and approve data models and business metadata definitions
- Ensure requirements are covered throughout the development life cycle
- Assist in the design and testing of the user interface
- Proactive and diligent in identifying and communicating Analysis and scope issues
- Participate in system and integration testing
Safeguard's Core Values
- Customer Service = Resolution
- Team Work
- Job Knowledge
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field strongly preferred or 4 – 7 years of equivalent work experience required.
- Eliciting, documenting and prioritizing user and technical requirements.
- Monitoring requirements throughout the life cycle.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, understand and apply modeling techniques during the requirements process.
- Context / scope modeling
- Current and future state process modeling
- Data modeling
- Use case, user story development & modeling
- Demonstrates the ability to identify risk and associated risk mitigation strategies.
- Developing and executing test criteria and test scripts.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications required.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Basic project management experience, with the ability to make informed decisions and manage conflicting demands.
Brooklyn Hts OH
650 Safeguard Plaza
Brooklyn Heights, Ohio, 44131